CELA Library Service
Centre for Equitable Library Access Collection
The Castlegar & District Public Library offers a collection of over 230,000 books, magazines, newspapers and described videos in a choice of formats for people with a print disability.
- Lots of choice including current bestsellers, award-winners and classics
- Fiction, non-fiction, self-help, business and more
- Books for kids, teens and adults
- Books in audio, braille or accessible e-book formats
- Download books or receive home delivery by mail
Access to the CELA collection is available to people who are unable to read conventional print due to a disability, which includes:
Learning disability: an impairment relating to comprehension
Physical disability: the inability to hold or manipulate a book
Visual disability: severe or total impairment of sight or the inability to focus or move one’s eyes.
How to sign up for CELA
Go to https://signup.celalibrary.ca/ to sign up, or call the library at 250-365-6611 to get help registering for this service.
Access to the collection is offered in a number of ways
- Download books to your computer or mobile device, such as an iPhone
- Download books to a DAISY player over a wireless connection without using a computer
- Receive audio CDs, Braille or described movies through your local branch or by mail directly to your home.
The CELA website can be found at: www.celalibrary.ca